Welcome to the Gladestry Shepherd’s Hut…
Enjoy a stay at the Gladestry Shepherd’s Hut for the tranquil surroundings of the Welsh Marches; some of the most beautiful scenery to be seen on the Offa’s Dyke national trail; the clear, dark night skies free of light pollution; the easy access to the rest of Wales; and the wealth of opportunities to get back in touch with the great outdoors.
The Gladestry Shepherd’s Hut provides fully self-contained, self-catering accommodation in a small, private and picturesque garden located beside Gladestry Brook (River Gwyddel).
Double or Twin Beds
Two very comfortable beds with pocket-sprung mattresses that can be configured as a double (king size) bed for couples or as single beds for two individuals travelling together. As well as cotton sheets, duvets and bed spreads, additional blankets are available if required.
Kitchenette & Dining Area
Our hut has a well-equipped kitchenette and dining area with a combi microwave oven; two induction hobs; a large stainless steel sink with hot and cold running water; all the pans needed for meal preparation; a kettle and toaster; and a full set of cutlery, crockery and glasses.
The Gladestry Shepherd’s Hut’s en-suite shower room features a powerful Aqualisa electric shower, a full-size wash basin with hot and cold running water, and toilet with soft-closing lid. (A bath towel and hand towel are provided for each guest as well as hand wash.)
En-suite Shower Room
- Powerful Aqualisa electric shower, toilet, and full-size basin with warm running water
- Bath- and hand-towels, soap and toilet paper all included
- A choice of bed configurations – double (king size) or two 80cm x 200cm singles
- Comfortable pocket-sprung mattresses
- Cotton duvet covers, bed linen and pillows
- Extra pillows and blankets (available on request)
- Travel cot suitable for infants under three years (available on request)
- Black-out blinds
Kitchen and Dining
- Full-size sink with warm water
- Mini fridge
- Two induction hobs
- 25-litre Toshiba microwave/convection combi oven
- Pots and pans, casserole dishes, etc
- Cooking utensils
- Dishes and cutlery
- Bowls, plates, cups, wine glasses, etc
- Various teas and coffee
- Small, fold-down table and two folding chairs for dining
Safety & Heating
- Adjustable electric panel heater
- Combined carbon monoxide/smoke alarm
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- PIR safety light by front door
- Internet-connected 24″ HDTV with Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, iPlayer, etc, plus built-in DVD player
- Board games (available on request)
- Off-street parking for up to two vehicles
- Set in private garden alongside stream
- Decked area with large canopy, garden table and seating for four
- Fire pit and logs available for hire
- We’re sorry, but there are three steps up to the front door of the hut that may make it unsuitable for infirm/elderly guests or wheelchair users
Me and my girlfriend both loved this. It even snowed which gave us the Christmas spirit.
It was lovely
We really loved Rita’s place. Great walk recommendations from the hosts. The hut was warm and well equipped and we loved having morning coffee outside right by the babbling brook.... read more
Lovely cosy place to stay for a couple nights would be a little tight for a longer stay but for a weekend get away it was lovely and cosy. Heated... read more
We loved staying here, it was cosy and clean and just what we wanted it to be. The hosts are super friendly and very flexible. We'd definitely come again sometime!
Well presented and appointed. Rita and David were great - approachable and helpful without being intrusive in any way. The offer of soup after a very wet day walking was... read more
Lovely place. Well equipped and super bathroom. Given the small space, cooking, especially using the induction hobs was a bit of a challenge .
Such great place to stay in, scenic, private and easy to find. David was delightful and very helpful!
The perfect place to get away, inclusive of everything you... read more
Throughly enjoyed our 'mini break' in the cozy hut with stream running right beside. Walked to the pub for good food and chatting. Worth the effort to climb to the... read more
Click here to see all our reviews.